Boko Haram releases footage of kidnapped schoolboys pleading for help as terror chief calls abduction of 330 children ‘Allah’s work’
The terror group, Boko Haram, on Thursday released a video that shows some of the boys believed to have been abducted from the Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, Katsina State
The gunmen, last week, attacked the public school in Kankara and abducted over 300 students.
The Boko Haram, which operated mainly in North-east Nigeria, has since claimed responsibility for the kidnap in Katsina, North-west Nigeria.
The Katsina State Government said at least 333 of the students were still missing.
The Boko Haram video showed one of the abducted schoolboys pleading for the scrapping of vigilante groups in Katsina and the closure of all schools excluding Islamic schools. The boy is believed to have been forced by the kidnappers to make the statement.
ALSO READ: Boko Haram claims responsibility for kidnapping Nigerian schoolboys
Abu Muhammed, Abubakar Bin Muhammed Shekar, the leader of Jamatu Ahlis Sunnah Lid Da’wah Wul Jihad, took responsibility of the invasion and abduction of over 300 students
While the boy spoke, a voice believed to be from one of the abductors interjected saying that all the students are in good health, assuring the governor of Katsina State that the boys are safe.
In the video, the boy pleaded with the Nigerian government to recall all the soldiers trying to rescue them from the terrorists.
“The soldiers cannot do anything to them, I swear, stop sending even the fighter jet here,” the boy said, crying and calling for help.
Other boys in the video were also seen and heard pleading from the background.
Watch the video below